Top sites for new students
You’re already finding your way around campus, now find your way around the web! Here’s a list of the top ten sites you might not have visited yet – and should definitely check out – as a new student at McGill:
1. The Student Home Page. Did you know that McGill has a home page customized especially for students? Check it out to find the news, events, and tools that matter to you!
2. Directory of Services. A master list of all the services and resources available to you as a McGill student, with links to the websites of each and every one.
3. First-year Office. Campus Life & Engagement (the First-Year Office) is specifically aimed at helping new students like you acclimatize, settle in and find the people and services they need.
4. Important Dates. All the key dates for your academic year – including registration, exams and study breaks – in one searchable site.
5. Academic Resources. McGill has a lot of services aimed at helping you hone your academic skills and making sure you’re on the right track. This is where to find them.
6. Engage at McGill. Your one-stop-shop for information on clubs, volunteering, on-campus jobs and student-run events at McGill. There’s so much to do here, it’s almost ridiculous.
7. Athletics & Recreation. It’s not just for varsity athletes. Think you might want to check out a game, blow off steam at the gym, or take a dip in the pool? This is where you’ll find out how.
9. Getting started with IT. An intro guide to all things IT at McGill, from setting up your McGill email to accessing wireless on campus.
10. The Reporter. We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but this is a great place to find out about all the interesting stuff happening around campus, from ground-breaking research to big events.
Good luck getting started.